tablet pc review : Velocity Micro T301 Cruz 7-Inch Android 2.0 Tablet (Black)

Customer Rating :
Rating: 2.9

List Price : Price : $129.00
Velocity Micro T301 Cruz 7-Inch Android 2.0 Tablet (Black)

Product Description

Portable, affordable tablet fun!This Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet T301 features a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen color display with 800 x 600 resolution loaded with Google Android OS 2.0! It features a dual core processor with 256 MB of RAM for snappy and responsive performance. It's built-in accelerometer provides orientation sensing functions, so you can view it from portrait or landscape views just by turning it. The T301 includes 2 GB of internal storage that you can expand with the T301's built-in SD/SDHC card slot. More than just an Android tablet, the Cruz Tablet T301 is a fully-featured eBook reader with built-in access to the Amazon Kindle eBookstore. Download thousands of titles directly to the device, or even browse the web, check emails, send tweets, check Facebook, and more with its integrated IEEE 802.11n wireless connectivity.The Cruz Tablet T301 includes an AC power adapter that charges its built-in lithium-ion battery, providing a charge that lasts an average of 10 hours and up to 6 hours of continuous video playback. All of this in a portable tablet design that is perfect for taking anywhere you go! Get your Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet T301 7-inch touchscreen Android tablet today!Order now!

• Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet 7-inch Touchscreen Android 2.0 Tablet General Features: Black color
  • 7-inch capacitive touchscreen display 800 x 600 resolution
  • Google Android 2.0 (Froyo) pre-installed Dual core processor 256 MB RAM 2 GB internal storage
  • SD/SDHC memory card slot Mini-USB 2.0 interface Integrated IEEE 802.11n Wireless LAN
  • Built-in speakers

Velocity Micro T301 Cruz 7-Inch Android 2.0 Tablet (Black)

Velocity Micro T301 Cruz 7-Inch Android 2.0 Tablet (Black) Reviews

Amazon.com
Customer Reviews
Average Customer Review
16 Reviews
5 star:
 (3)
4 star:
 (4)
3 star:
 (2)
2 star:
 (3)
1 star:
 (4)

23 of 23 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade to Android 2.2!!!, July 7, 2011
By 
R. Cameron (New Orleans, LA USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: Velocity Micro T301 Cruz 7-Inch Android 2.0 Tablet (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this in February 2011 but wasn't terribly impressed. I was unsure if the touchpad wasn't very sensitive or if the OS was part of the problem. It often required 2 or more taps to activate a button/selection and browsing the web was klunky and slow. I installed Amazon Kindle and it worked well enough but often crashed and on restart returned to the starting location from before the crash, often making reading irksome. The 7 inch screen is large enough to be useful in most situations and makes the unit very portable. The graphics display is quite nice in most applications (Kindle books look great) although the Solitaire game that comes with the tablet/O.S. looks like something on my old Motorola Razr and a Mah Jongg game I downloaded looks downright crappy. Since games aren't important these shortcomings aren't important to me.

Yesterday I came across information about upgrading from Android 2.0 to 2.2 and decided to give it a try. What a difference! First,... Read more
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No

16 of 16 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars Actually pretty nice for the price, August 2, 2011
By 
KayCS (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?)
This review is from: Velocity Micro T301 Cruz 7-Inch Android 2.0 Tablet (Black) (Electronics)
Received it with the new Froyo 2.2 OS installed right out of the box, its 2.2.1-rc7 to be exact. The capacitive screen behaves better than I thought, and I am not sure why people have such a huge issue with it, it works great and really is very responsive. The multi-touch does work, and yes, it does have some delay if you scroll around, say on a webpage or even to look around through your installed apps, its definitely not the same speed as you'd expect from an iPad, but its not bad at all either, I mean come on, this is a $150 product ! The more I use it, the more I like it, its definitely not as horrible as others have commented on some other reviews.

Tried to install Angry Birds, nope, didn't install at all, none of the different Angry Birds did. Guns and Glory though runs pretty slowly, again, the processor on the T301 is only a bit more than 500mhz, so I am not surprised. Some other games work fine, such as Robot Defense, which runs a very playable speed... Read more

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars A color Kindle cheap/very happy, August 7, 2011
Amazon Verified Purchase( What's this?)
Bought as a color, touchscreen Kindle. It's that and more!! Hooked up to WiFi fast and flawless. Great capacitive screen. Got live wallpaper. YouTube works great. Email works great. Needed get incoming/outgoing info from Centurylink, though. Must understand what you're buying. I have an iPad. This isn't one. Nor is it a full-fledged Android tablet. You're not getting that for $150!!! It IS, however, cheaper than a Nook Color with a Kindle selection. Some Android Apps work. Some don't. Try and see. Downloaded a video to 8GB SD card. Can't get it to play though. This is Android 2.2 out of the box. Didn't come with SD card. Not too important. They're cheap. No flash player. Skyfire Browser gives that though. I like this device. I like the 7inch screen. My kids steal my iPad and I needed a back up color, touchscreen reader/web browser with benefits for cheap. This is it!!!

Share your thoughts with other customers:
  See all 16 customer reviews...

Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | Global Rich Club | controllers | cheap controllers | PC Controller | xbox controller | playstation 3 controllers | pc game controller | Tablets | android tablet | tablet computer | best android tablet |